Patch 3.2 aka Call of the Crusade went live today. The 3 big features are a new 5/10 man dungeon called Crusader’s Coliseum, a new Battleground called Isle of Conquest and the new Druid form updates. We also will take a closer look to the new shaman changes after the cut.
1. Crusaders’ Coliseum
The construction in northeast Icecrown is finally done! The new dungeon can be raided as a 5 man (Trail of Champion), a 10 man (Trial of the Crusader), and as a 25 man raid (Trial of the Grand Crusader) in normal or heroic mode. Both 10 and 25 player instances drop a new Emblem of Triumph.
2. New Battleground: Isle of Conquest
A new 40 vs 40 battleground between Horde and Alliance. Both faction’s Keep sit at opposite sides of the island. To win, you will need to make use of the island’s unique strategic locations including an oil derrick, a siege workshop, a cobalt mine, the docks, and a fully equipped airship hangar.
3. Updated Druid Forms
New druid skins for Horde and Alliance! It’s about time me thinks.
4. Shaman changes
- Maelstrom Weapon: Now also has a chance to reduce the cast time of Hex.
- Shamanistic Rage: Cooldown is now 1 minute, down from 2 minutes. Successful melee attacks now have a chance to generate mana equal to 15% of the shaman’s attack power, down from 30%.
- Ancestral Healing: The buff from this ability now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 3/7/10% instead of increasing the target’s armor.
- Cure Poison and Cure Disease: Combined into a single spell, Cure Toxins.
- Earth Shield: Dispel effects will now remove charges of Earth Shield rather than the entire aura.
- Healing Way: Redesigned. Rather than providing a chance of increasing Healing Wave spells on a friendly target, this talent now innately increases the effectiveness of the shaman’s Healing Wave by 8/16/25%.
- Mana Tide Totem: Totem health now equal to 10% of the shaman’s health.
- Nature’s Guardian: Redesigned. Now has a fixed 100% proc rate, has a 30-second internal cooldown and increases the shaman’s maximum health by 3/6/9/12/15% for 10 seconds.
- Nature’s Swiftness: Cooldown is now 2 minutes, down from 3 minutes.
- Tidal Waves: No longer reduces the cast time of Lesser Healing Wave by 30%. It instead now provides +25% critical strike chance to Lesser Healing Wave, along with the previous 30% cast time benefit to Healing Wave.
- Improved Water Shield: This talent now has a 10/20/30% chance to be triggered by Chain Heal, and the charges of Water Shield are no longer consumed by this talent.
The full patch notes can be found as always here.